Tuesday 7 February 2012

Hueco, The End

Free Willy

we arrived at Free Willy to find another guy working on it also. He was psyched for us to get involved so me and Will Boot'd & chalked ready to get started. It turned out we were all at the same place, we had the problem wired apart from the seriously hard last move. (I was also struggling with the first move but being able to do it 3/5)

The last move is more something of a two move combo. The first move is a relatively easy big lock up to a razor small crimp probably a 1/4 of a pad. This hold you have to totally bone as you jump your right foot in & up to a good spike, from here you sag as low as you can to allow for maximum propulsion skywards, hoping you get somewhere near the finishing jug & have the presents of mind to hold it when you get there.

Pre-Jump

Post-Jump
Needless to say you only get the climb if you can take your top off mid move.

This move was giving me real trouble but I had seen great progress on it, having gone from thinking I couldn't hold the crimp to high-fiveing the finishing jug. This buoyed me and I started to try from the sit every go, fearing I would only get the move once & that I better make sure that it was on the oner!

I'll let you watch the video to find out if this was in-fact true or not. (Watch all the way till the very end is my advise)






With that video, My Hueco adventure has come to an end. It's been one of the best trips ever for many reasons way beyond the climbing. Taco Bell, IHOP & thrift shopping being just a few of the highlights!
At the time of publishing I think I'll have around 15 hours left in the UK before hitting Europe and getting silly pumped (maybe I should have spent more time with Chris 'training' on Desperanza).

Anyway I hope who ever has been reading this has enjoyed the updates & video's from Hueco. I will try to keep the information coming & hopefully you guys will keep enjoying it.

Peace out Grantz
(Ha only joking I ain't that guy!)

Next update will come from hopefully a less snowy Europe than we currently have.

No comments:

Post a Comment