Monday 23 January 2012

Classic Bashing

I really like climbing here! Day one was a blur of running around being shown boulders by Jon. He felt the need to 'show us' by Retro-Flashing everything in sight (show off). Super useful for beta though, even if his sequences are often wack!

After 24 hours of travel and an interesting night spent between Will & Jon, I've definitely felt more rested going climbing. Settled in for a great day classic bashing however. Personally highlights for me were getting way to high off the ground on See Spot Run, a mini battle with Baby Face & making progress on the start of Power of Silence.

Here is a little video of our Day 1 Antics



After climbing we decide to frequent the local mexican super market. (the risk of mugging & kidnap being a much more inviting option than the sheer sensory overload of WalMart)
This resulted in the best mexican food I've ever eaten cooked for me by Will & Jon.




Day 2 started with more Classic bashing. North mountain is FULL of amazing problems. You just couldn't get bored (having said that were going too easy spur tomorrow)
For me the day ended trying to work out the Beta on Loaded with power. It went from feeling totally impossible to having a good grasp of how i want to execute two thirds of the climb. (I think this is called progress) I left it feeling totally burnt out.

Jon however had more left to give & got a nice 2nd go accent of Dirty Martini on the Rocks



hoping for more great things on new problems tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment