Tuesday 31 January 2012

Singing From the Same Song Sheet

Today was a GOOD day!

Rock climbs went down, Spirits went up, fun was had & we didn't run out of fuel.

The day started with a win for me. (the best kind of win quite frankly)
I've been trying Choir Boys sporadically over our time here, never with fresh skin though and always at the end of the day. This approach was leading to me getting nowhere. I had however worked out most of the Beta and thought nipping in for a quick send before Jon jumped on his proj would be a great way to frag & clear.
I was wrong, an hour and a half later I was still punting around. By this time Alex had found us & joined in the general team effort of trying to cheer me up the climb. In between attempts highjinks & Harry Potter scenes were acted out, with occasional cameos from the kid in Gladiator. (Me, Will & Jon had watched part 1 & 2 of the last HP film in bed the night before)
Finally (when Voldermort was about to kill Harry, or was he…….) I stopped being rubbish and went from the bottom to the top in one go, what we in the business call a send.
Much jubilation was expressed from me & my comrades. Im not great with grades at these levels but to me Choir Boys felt like the hardest V9 I have ever done, I was probably just punting but JeeWhizz!
Little Vid below.

Having wasted quite enough of his time already, I hastily packed up & hustled over to Jon's proj. We arrived and found James & Shauna, the wolf pack was complete minus the Terminator (more on him later). Group psych was high whilst James & Jon did battle on the wall.

For details on how Jon did check his Blog *Hint Jon is bloody amazing.
Like wise for James *Hint James is also not shit.

After all this action we smelt the overpowering sent of burnt burgers & charcoal, this can only mean one thing… Chris was bouncing towards us, although always a happy chapy he seemed especially happy today. He was and to find out why, guess what…. Blog

Not wanting to sit on our laurels Jon found himself a new Proj that apart from trying to eat his hand alive looks brilliant. (even if it is a blooming long walk & he made us go twice on the same day (I'm not bitter))

I confirmed El Techo de los Tres B as my most coveted goal in the park having the ill sense to fall of here:

Video Still
Having started way back in the cave, not over by any mean's but close enough to warrant another session to get it done (hopefully).

The climbing day ended by making lose plans to get a commercial tour too East Spur tomorrow, for some unfinished business on all fronts.

Then the real fun started.

We climbed back into our car, neh Truck! And remembered that the Range 'O' Meter thing had been saying 0 Miles for the last 10 Miles. Being as we were 30 Miles from our Motel, a good 20 Miles from the nearest gas station & in the middle of the dessert with night falling, having this engine could be a problem.



Hopping in the car and setting off I for one felt this was very Top Gear. Sticking with Top Gear mentality we took a short 5 Miles detour for some random unimportant & unrelated shiz. After this we really started to think we were going to have to push our 50 Ton (probably) goliath. Pressing on with a militant eye on the rev counter we finally made it to the high-way, this filled me with a sense of relief. As although still a way from the nearest gas station I was buoyed by the knowledge that with this smile and some english charm, hitching to the gas station & back would be a formality. Thankfully this was not put to the test as the luminous fuel price sign came over the horizon. continuing my Top Gear antics I had convinced Jon to floor it as soon as we could see the sign to see if we would make it. He agreed. We did, I suggested that we should double or quits to the next station, he said no. We filled up, had MacyD's for dinner & I saw a S.W.A.T instructor with a gun.

Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment