Tuesday 24 January 2012

Protein & Advil

Waking up in our quite frankly pimp motel for the third time, I felt beat up all over. I addressed this situation quickly with a protein shake & 400mg of Advil!
Soon after we were in the Truck rolling on down to the gate.

We'd sorted out getting ourselves on a commercial tour to the East spur, this was done by entering a TeePee in the middle of the desert and negotiating with some random hippy chic (kate). A unique start to a climbing day for me.

She was very good though, taking us straight to this good warm up wall and then this little hidden gem called Uncut Yogi that had cool movement with pinches and tension. Once Dispatched we got into the meat of the day by hiking over to Maze and setting up camp around Crown of Aragon, Wheaties & Sweeties. I kept the warm up going, getting stuck into Sweeties while Jon waved his hands in the air looking confused trying Crown.

After Sweeties I turned my attention to Wheaties, it's harder better looking brother. This was my main aim for the day, however no matter how much skin or energy I gave up to it I only ever really got one good burn, which was thwarted by bad foot beta. This poor showing did slightly dampen my spirits, however we & I soon moved on found tones of call blocs and the day was totally turned around.



I will go back & I will do Wheaties, Jon was also looking super strong on the 'Crown' so I'm sure this will go down on our return too.

The day was concluded with our standard romp down an american highway, with the added extra treat of my very first Taco Bell (The best fast food I have ever had! Ever!)


Today is a rest day (thank God!) we aim to fill it with Cinema's & American Diners.

No comments:

Post a Comment